Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 24 February 2015

R+P Post 9: Our script

Our voice over will be inspired by John Tucker Must Die where Kate introduces the viewer to her home life.

This is the first script we created.

Mario:
Hi, I’m Guy. I’ve been single for the past 19 years, which is my whole life.
I’m so unlucky… it seems nothing ever goes my way
But… last month, I met the girl of my dreams. We met online and today I’m finally going on a date! Me! Going on a date! My first ever date!
The last time I tried talking to a girl, she completely ignored my presence.
It’s awkward because that’s the closest I’ve ever got to a girl who isn’t my mum.
For the first time in my life, I feel like my luck is changing.
I’ve got to try my hardest to get this right, that means no talking about games, science or chess.
I’m wearing my best shirt, styling my hair and putting on my best aftershave.
I’m even wearing a tie.


Anyway, got to go! Don’t wanna be late.

However we later thought that this script was unsuitable and didn't match the actions in the film sequence and so edited it. This is our second script.

We still were not satisfied with our script as it did not have enough flare and kept reinforcing the action on screen. This was rather unnecessary and could possibly be irritating so instead the concept of Guy talking about his past self from the future seemed a good idea. This inspiration came from 500 Days of Summer. We knew the voice-over was very important in keeping the audience engaged so with the help of Chris, we came up with a final improved script.

This script excited us as not only did it play around with Guy's name for humour but it makes our opening much more interesting and it anchors our genres instantly by letting the audience know that The Life of Guy would be a journey where Guy grows and changes. It describes Guy's past personality while expertly showing off his new and changed personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment