Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 15 July 2015

2. What have you learnt from participating in each prelim tasks 1,2,3 and 5?

Task 1 - The Audition Video

The audition video was slightly awkward to shoot at first and took my team a few takes to start feeling comfortable enough to sing along in a large classroom with just the three of us (me, Thakshana and Iggy). However we blasted Misery Business out and just improvised since we didn't want to prepare anything beforehand and felt like an improvised audition was more natural.

Here is the video. None of us minded what role we would be given but all of us had fun rocking out to Paramore, looking forward to the shoot days. Although it was quite hard to lip sync when I hadn't fully learnt the lyrics which showed up clearly on camera.

Task 2: Learn and practice your performance
It was very important for me to learn my lines and practice my moves as not only does Hayley have multiple key moves in the video but her facial expressions are very emotionally and physically dramatic (a common trait in pop punk music). I had to be slightly wild. I learnt that warming up was one of the key activities essential before performing in order to avoid injuries as hair whips can really stiffen your neck the day after.

Task 3: Help to plan and organise your costume
Here is Hayley's outfit.
My outfit included a red (with white) tank top, black miniskirt, yellow & black tights and black converses. This was a mixture of my own skirt, someone else's top, hand-made tights and borrowed shoes. I did not end up needing to buy anything as everyone brought in what they could meaning everyone shared and could pick what suited them the most.

Task 5: Editing
I learnt from this task that editing a music video took more time and effort than I had thought we would need. I learnt that we needed to grade every shot using ProcAmp, edit in various flashes using the Luma Corrector and place effects such as flips on a few shots. We also played with speeding up shots and slow-mo shots. It was hard work but satisfying after we had finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment