Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 15 July 2015

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?

Our finished remake edit:

I'm really happy with the footage we got as there were multiple shots of the same set-ups which allowed me to have my pick of which shot I wanted to edit and put onto the video track. It also meant we had varied angles and frames to choose from in order to get the best possible match to the actual video by Paramore. I edited in a pair with Thakshana.

The finished edit took me and Thakshana a long time due to both of us being perfectionists (and maybe also procrastinators). However we tried our best to stick to our edit schedule.


I was quite pleased with the footage we got as my group always made an effort while performing and we definitely 'broke out of our shells' by the end of the day with Mario having to wear guy liner and and Thakshana playing her guitar while lying down on the floor.

What worked really well in our remake video

  • The flashes
  • The CUs
  • The bleached out frames
  • The flips
  • The slow-mos and sped up shots





What didn't work so well were


  • The guitar 'hitting my face scene' and hair whips


I felt this scene needed to be re-shot as the timing is off and I wasn't close enough to Thakshana. We only did one take since we were behind schedule which annoyed me as it was an important scene and would not have taken long to re-shoot. However we also had to be careful no one got hurt.
  • Thakshana's knee slide

This was not as dramatic but again we were limited physically as knee slides were quite painful however i feel like there could have been more camera movement to help.
  • The drum kick at the end which we couldn't actually do

I feel like this was a major scene as it is quite chaotic in the actual music video so I felt our ending lacked impact because of this limitation. Although i felt we replaced it well during editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment