Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Thursday 22 October 2015

R+P Post 9: Music Videos that have inspired and influenced my ideas

I have come across a lot of inspirational music videos and a few of them have really stood out to me.
Worth It - Fifth Harmony ft. Kid Ink
When Worth It was released in March 2015 it became hugely popular peaking within the top 10 charts in nine countries. It was Fifth Harmony's first international successful single which received multi platinum awards. I think our music video could take a lot of inspiration from Worth It which is a very empowering song. Of course with every song it received mixed reviews however it was hugely popular for it's lyrics and representation of women. All the girls had sass and attitude to spare. Below is my semiotic analysis of my favorite scenes from the video.
If we were to make a music video featuring a female star or girl group I'd like to create a feminine but powerful image like these girls do in Worth It.
Move - Little Mix
What I like about move is the visuals of the males and how the girls dance paired up with their guys. The guys are wearing very urban street items of clothing such as joggers, beanies and chains. Their outfits are hip and masculine. Their is a clear colour scheme of black and white for the outfits but the constant change in colour of the background adds to the video's colour and vibrancy. There are a lot of light flashes which adds movement and dynamics. I think some of the dance moves are well timed to the song's beat which looks very cool as the lights flash or the scene changes to a silhouette. I noticed that the video was also quite practical to shoot. All of it could have been shot in a studio which we might think about for our music video. There were also a lot of camera angles used in this music video which I'd like to incorporate into our music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment