Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Construction Post 10: Looking back - reflections on our final outcome.

I really like our final outcome. Although it's not perfect, it came a long way and improved in all aspects of production and post-production such as the storyline, acting, camera framing, following continuity conventions, music and voice-over.

Highlights of the project:
  • I really liked coming up and working with the narrative and themes of Life of Guy with my team
  • I loved filming and directing at the shoot sessions during which we all had many laughs.
  • I liked editing on Adobe Photoshop as it wasn't completely new to me which meant that I wasn't clueless and could polish and learn more skills.
  • Blogging my progress was time-consuming but allowed me to be creative and is more exciting than creating numerous word or publisher documents.
  • Turning the Life of Guy into something my group can be proud of was hard-work but satisfying.
  • Finally it was a joy working with my awesome team who are very cooperative and supportive. 
Low-points of the project:
  • There were not many lowpoints as I really did enjoy this project.
  • Shooting sessions seemed long at times but we had regular breaks and laughs
  • Editing was more intensive in the second week and we didn't have a third opinion on things.
  • We couldn't get a hold of Superhero boxers which would have made the underwear scene less awkward and more comedic.
If we had more time:

  • I would've considered shooting more during our filming sessions as the narrative flow did not end up being perfect and editing can't help to cover up awkward shots or breaks in continuity all the time.
  • Maybe we could have created our titles on LiveType rather than on Adobe Premiere as they weren't cinematic and could have looked better.

How I hope our finished film will be received by the audience: 
  • I hope our audience really like our opening sequence as we spent a lot of time and effort on it
  • I hope they can relate to and laugh at Guy.
  • I hope just as many guys as girls are willing to watch it and find it funny
  • I hope that they think our voiceover is clever
  • I hope they like it enough to want to watch the rest of the film if it were ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment