Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

Production
I learnt a lot during the production and post-production stages of the Life of Guy that I didn't since my GCSE project.

Strengths:
  • Handling filming equipment: I 've learnt that you can use a bubble tripod leveler for aligned shooting.
  • Operating the camera - I feel I can shoot comfortably and navigate the camera with no problems now. I am more skilled at framing shots that are tighter and more cinematic than before.
  • Planning the production stages was very helpful and efficient and kept us all organised an ready.

Weaknesses
  • I feel like I need to improve on shooting master shots and just shooting in general so that I don't break continuity rules and I can make the visuals engaging so that the audience can follow easily. An example of bad shooting is the shot of Mario opening his curtains. This resulted in too much light entering the camera and Guy becoming a silhouette.
  • I feel like the bedroom shots could have been better lit as the shots are grainy but this may just be the fact that the camera's picture quality is low in environments with low-key lighting

Post-production
I also learnt quite a lot from editing.

Strengths
  • Trimming down shots to follow continuity rules - I can achieve a perfect match and create a smooth pace of action
  • Colour grading using the Three Way Colour Corrector - I can change the hues of shots to make them look livelier and also achieve matches
  • Adjusting volume levels - I am confident with this
  • Exporting videos (that was new to me)
Weaknesses
  • Apart from maybe learning how to grade more nothing really.


No comments:

Post a Comment