Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the edit sessions

Editing was intensive and everyone was involved though Thakshana and I really had to be editing everyday of the second week as Mario was not available to help.
Personal contributions

  • I chose the font we used which was Kristen ITC, this was important as it affected the whole look and feel of the opening sequence. It used to be a drab standard font which did not stand out and added nothing to the sequence.
  • I helped to place the titles in the best places as on some shots there was limited space in the frame; we also had to space the titles out equally so that long periods of time without titles didn't exist as that was unconventional. I also helped Thakshana choose the transitions of the titles so they did not affect the pace of the opening awkwardly.
  • I edited a lot of the sound levels making sure the music didn't overpower the voice-over and the dialogue was loud enough. This was crucial as on the day of the shoot sessions, the weather was always windy, affecting our outdoor scenes. When Bella and Mario are talking the background noise is especially prominent - this was very noticeable pre-edited as the opening cut from nice music to a loud whoooshh of wind constantly blowing. I couldn't cut this out by unlinking the audio from the clip as there was dialogue in the same shot so I used the pen tool to change the volume level rubber band from a low level to a high enough level that you could hear the actors' dialogue. This ensured that the background noise gradually faded in.
  • Grading was new to me which meant I need help with it. There was one scene where the hue changed significantly from the shot to the next which was a continuity error as we shot both on different days thus the lighting ended up being different. 

Here is the video I watched to help me with the colour grading using the Three Way Colour Corrector.
After watching this I managed to solve the issue and now the colour change is barely noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment