Group 3 - Music Video

Group 3 - Digipak

Group 3 - Digipak
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Construction Post 7: My personal contribution to the shoot sessions

 My personal contributions to the shoot sessions included:

1. Helping to bring filming kit to Mario's house and back to the school. 
We took it in turns to bring kit to Mario's house from school and from Mario's back to school. Whenever I got a lift I would take the it as it wasn't a problem for me.

2. Being behind the camera
I did shoot quite a few scenes (shown below) in which I needed to decide how things would best be framed. I focused on changing shots up from the usual mid shots to close-ups and high angles to make the visuals more engaging.

3. Helping Thakshana frame some shots
Thakshana did shoot quite a lot of shots and I helped with keeping the shots and us organised using the clapperboard and shoot-board for every shot. I also helped her to frame shots and told her if we needed to zoom up closer or if shooting from a different angle would be better. This was important especially in Mario's bedroom as room for the tripod was limited and quite a few scenes took place between his bedroom and bathroom so we had to switch up the shot frames and angles to keep things looking different and fresh

4. Directing Mario to portray Guy's personality better
Sometimes the scenes we planned would turn out to look unexpected when acted and portrayed on camera. It wouldn't look like what I had first pictured that scene to look in my mind. So I did direct Mario for instance in the screenshot of me below I remember I had told Mario to come out of the bathroom in a happy-go-lucky way which resulted in him trying to shake his wet hair and even skipping back to his bedroom to show some character. When he just walked normally back to his room I felt like it became a filler shot. We then watched it back on the camera.

5. Reviewing every shot after we took them
This is a shot I filmed.
This is also a shot I filmed.
Me behind the camera trying to frame a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment